•We’ll all be yellin’ for watermelon at this weekend’s 62nd Annual Watermelon Festival in Monticello. Festival vendors open today, with the Rotary Club barbecue dinner at 5 p.m. at the Monticello Opera House, followed by the annual street dance at 7:30 p.m. Auxiliary events include the children’s theater production of “Dragon Breath” at 7 p.m. and ghost tours of downtown sites at 9 p.m. Saturday kicks off with the Farmers & Merchants Bank breakfast at 7 a.m., the Kiwanis Melon Run at 8:15 a.m., vendors opening for business at 9 a.m., the Watermelon Festival Parade at 10 a.m., art exhibits, a car show, live music and more. Visit the website atwww.monticellojeffersonfl.com to find out more.
•Historic Monticello Ghost Tours: 90-minute family-friendly tour. 9-10:30 p.m. Fri.-Sat. $15 13-older, $12 8-12 years, 7-under free. Monticello-Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce, 420 W. Washington St., Monticello. 508-8109.
• Annual Summer Solstice Festival: Live music, food trucks, Tasty Eats Cafe, artists and craft workers displaying their creations, more. 1-5 p.m. Free admission. Railroad Square Art Park. 766-1257.
• Saturday in the Park: Hosted by Downtown Business Association; features live music, food trucks, craft beer sampling, more. Dusk-10:30 p.m. Free admission. 224-0319.
• Downtown MarketPlace: Fresh produce, fine arts and crafts, food vendors, more. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Live music by Allie McKay from 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Free admission. Ponce de Leon Park, downtown Tallahassee. 224-3252, visit www.tallahasseedowntown.com
• Tallahassee T.O.U.R. Guide Program: Free day 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Tallahassee Museum, 3945 Museum Drive and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Knott House Museum, 301 Park Ave. Visitwww.VisitTallahassee.com tour or call 606-2305.
• The sixth annual Father’s Day car show: Take take to see some classic cars, there will be a cookout and a 50’s band playing many of your favorite classics. Celebration Baptist Church located at 3300 Shamrock Street East in Killearn Estates from 6pm to 8pm on Saturday. For more information contact Doug Bedgood, pastor of Christian Living at 893-1709.
• Midtown Community Gathering: Hosted by Four Oaks Church. Free food, music, bounce houses, games. 4-7 p.m. Free. Lafayette Park, 501 Ingleside Ave. 891-3946.
• Pet Food Drive & Pet Photo Contest: Bring your pet food donations for low-income seniors to help them keep their pets in their homes. Vote on your favorite pet photos at the drop-off booth. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. All who donate receive discount coupons. Quarter Moon Import Shop, 1641 N. Monroe St. 222-2254.