2017 Project: Creating an Urban Identity with #IHeartTally Life-Size Letters
Once known as the “pound sign,” the hashtag is now a global symbol. In Tallahassee, #IHeartTally showcases local sights, activities and events across social media, ultimately encouraging others to discover something new or visit the area.
KCCI’s 2017 team will bring #IHeartTally to life by designing, implementing and promoting a life-sized, mobile, 3-D representation of the IHeartTally hashtag – thus creating an interactive outdoor exhibit that people can sit on, climb on, play on, rest on and even take selfies in front of for sharing on social networks. The letters will travel to different locations throughout each year to highlight the people, places and spaces that make us proud to call Tallahassee home.
The exhibit will find its first location in the “SOMO” (South Monroe/South Adams Street) district near Florida A&M University, Florida State University and the Florida Capitol. The KCCI Community Catalyst team will also identify future locations for the #IHeartTally letters.
The 2017 Community Catalyst team will work together to create a plan to:
- Design and install the life-size #IHeartTally letters.
- Select the first location in SOMO and debut.
- Raise the necessary resources to build the letters and market the project to the community.
- Identify additional area locations and events to place the letters throughout the first year and create a schedule for each appearance.
- Establish a sustainability plan and determine who will maintain, manage and move the exhibit from location-to-location.
- Have fun!
Building a stronger community starts with you.
Before you begin the application process please consider the following questions as you will not be able to progress to future application questions unless you have completed all of the questions on the page. The application takes about 10 minutes to complete if you have your answers already prepared for the following questions.
- What is your most important accomplishment in the community thus far?
- Why do you want to join KCCI?
- In your opinion, what are the top three challenges facing the community?
- Take one of these challenges and explain how you would remedy it in Tallahassee.
- Do you have a specific idea at this point on how you would make the #IHeartTally life-size characters possible or how you would generate excitement once they were built?
All Community Catalysts that are selected for the 2017 team must be able to attend KCCI’s two-day training Jan. 24-25, 2017.
Please keep in mind that no applications received after the 5 p.m. deadline on Sunday, Nov. 6, 2016 will be eligible for consideration for the 2017 Catalyst Class.
Thank you for your interest in making Tallahassee a more vibrant community.
Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please let us know. In addition, if you have submitted an application and have additional questions, please contact Executive Director Betsy Couch at [email protected].
We look forward to reviewing your application.
The application is now closed.